Thursday, September 18, 2008

CONFIDENCE IS SEXY

Now, I know that some people think I'm a bit stuck-up. But, the truth is, I'm simply very confident. My mother once said to me, "Tali, there's a reason they call us bitches." And she was right. In my world, you just can't let them see your paws sweat, or you're flat on your back with your belly exposed, having to grin submissively, and that's just not my style.

This is not to say that I don't have a soft side. My person, Val, taught me that compassion is the most important thing in this world, and I do try and live that truth. For instance--even though it is every other dog's inclination to lick my ears adoringly--when I come snout to snout with a dog who is suffering, I don't hesitate to lick their ears instead. Like when Val takes me to the humane society to visit animals who are scared and lonely, or when he took me to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary down in Utah, well, I did a lot of ear-licking.

So, I suppose now that's cleared up, you won't think less of me when I say, "I'm sure it was your pleasure to visit me again."

No comments: