Friday, May 15, 2009

DEVIN O'BRANAGAN'S JAZZ

Okay, I'm going to launch my celebrity pet interviews with a very special one. Devin O'Branagan's Jazz was the inspiration for my creation and I owe her more than I care to admit. I like to consider myself unique--and I most certainly am--but many elements of my fabulous character were gifted to me by Jazz.

Jazz has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, so this interview was a special feat. I am a rather miraculous dog.

Like me, Jazz was an Australian shepherd. Unlike me, she had soulful brown eyes. I am a dancer, but Jazz was a singer. She was also a certified therapy dog, a real estate assistant, and Devin's special muse. Devin's new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, was dedicated to her memory.

I will conduct the interview with Jazz first and tell you more about Devin later. I have five special questions I intend to ask every guest I have here. They are rather pithy, if I do say so myself. So brace yourself for intensity!

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help and what lesson you were here to help that person learn?

Jazz: I came in to teach Devin that joy can be found even in the midst of suffering.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Jazz: Oh, yes! In It I move, and breathe, and have my being! I am only a small part of something much bigger. I can feel it. So could you if you try.

Talisman: Were you afraid of death?

Jazz: I didn't want to leave Devin alone. And I absolutely loved life in my physical body. But, I'm still here and I'm still me and it's only perception that has changed. Occasionally, since I crossed Rainbow Bridge, I have even been able to make Devin see me. I see her whenever I want. And when she crosses over, I'll greet her with a song.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Jazz: Joy! I was a pure expression of joy.

Talisman: What gave you the greatest joy?

Jazz: The love I shared--and continue to share--with my family. Love is the bridge between here and there, and love never dies...

Like me, Jazz is an exceptional dog.

Devin O'Branagan is a novelist and a fundraiser for Best Friends Animal Society. Her first two novels, SPIRIT WARRIORS and WITCH HUNT, were published by Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books. Her latest novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, is the first in a series of seriocomic novels about a young single mother and her crazy adventures after becoming a rookie real estate agent. Reviewers have favorably compared RED HOT PROPERTY to Janet Evanovich's wildly successful Stephanie Plum novels.

And, of course, I am one of the stars of this new novel, so I fully expect you to read it!

Devin's website is http://www.redhotnovel.com/

Now, I would like to bring the post back to me, as I really am my favorite topic of conversation. I am a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/

Come back soon to read more of my sizzling interviews with celebrity pets!

No comments: