Monday, June 1, 2009

TEAM CHIHUAHUA 'S VANILLA SALT

This is my first interview with a celebrity dog! She is an internationally famous fashion model. Making a fashion statement is something Vanilla Salt and I have in common. Every day I don a neck scarf that makes a statement. Today it says DON'T BOTHER ME; I'M VERY BUSY AND IMPORTANT! But I have to admit that message has backfired on me, as no one has paid any attention to me today. But at least they know that I am important...

NYC Team Chihuahua members are: Cinnabon Bon, Vanilla Salt, Tequila Bon & Tabasco Chilly Pepper. Their ages range from 6 to 2 1/2 human years. They live in New York City with their pawrents, Ada & Edgar Nieves. Each started their modeling and acting career at a very early age. They have been featured in books like POCKET PUPS by Nikki Moustaki, INDOGNITO by Karen Ngo, and ONE NATION UNDER DOG by Michael Schaffer. TV appearances include "The Martha Stewart Show," "The View," "The Conan O'Brien Show," as well as international shows like "Woef" in Germany and "Sabado Gigante" in Latin America. They also receive a lot of attention in Spain, Italy, Japan, and England. They work for Ralph Lauren, Simplicity, Norstrom and Cole Hann.

Their website address is http://www.adanieves.com/TeamChihuahua.html

For fun, they run the NYC Chihuahua meetups, with more than 800 members who get together every month. Their schedule of events include the first NYC Chihuahua Pageant in June, a pool pawty in July, an ice cream social in August, and then the grand Canine Cruise scheduled for September 2009. The four of them work, play and live happily together.

Vanilla Salt has decided to be the spokesdog for my interview.

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Vanilla Salt: We were born to help our pawrents Ada & Edgar Nieves. While our daddy was in the army, he had to constantly travel, so me and my brothers were companion to our Mom. She claims we are responsible for her not feeling alone at home and to help her meet/make many friends. If there is any lesson to learn it is that love is unconditional.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Vanilla Salt: Divine being...mmm...a God dog? No. But I believe that divine is nature itself: the miracle of life, an animal to be able to fly, an animal to be able to live under water without the need of breath. All creatures are divine beings for what they contribute to the world. I have heard that we dogs are divine as well. When we visit a senior or allow someone to pet us, for that moment we are helping humans to forget any ailments and just give and receive love. Our beliefs are that each one of us is capable of doing good in our own choices; that each animal, plant or human is a divine being.

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Vanilla Salt: I'm not afraid of death. It is natural course that takes all. It hurts to see someone go. It scares if you know about your own mortality. This is where faith intervenes, telling us that for us doggies (just like humans) we have a heaven. We have the rainbow bridge. Hopes then says that one day we will all be together again.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Vanilla Salt: We strongly advocate for spay/neutering of pets. And for health care, such as vaccinations and dental. If there is a legacy, we want it to be one of showing with actions how to better care for pets, and how humans can bond in so many different ways with their beloved animals.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Vanilla Salt: The greatest joy is a simple sunny day with the whole family sitting together and enjoying each other's company; being with each other and loving that we are a family.

Gee, Vanilla Salt is not only beautiful, but wise, too...just like me!

And--since I'm feeling a bit intimidated by Vanilla Salt's fame--I need to remind my readers that I am a star in my own right. I'm a character in the hilarious new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, by Devin O'Branagan. I'm an office mascot and a real estate assistant to Valentino DeMitri. Besides being brilliant at our repective jobs, Val and I are both sexy and talented, and our dancing is spectacular. I'm a colorful canine who adores being adored, so I fully expect you to read the book. You can find it at http://www.redhotnovel.com/

I'm also a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/2009bestfriendsraffle.html

Come back soon to read more of my extraordinary celebrity interviews!

No comments: