Wednesday, July 1, 2009

GENEVIEVE HIGHPOINT LA REINE

Today's interview is with another dog who, like me, is famous. Genevieve Highpoint La Reine has written the funniest book ever written by a dog: SMALL DOG, BIG LIFE: Memoirs of a Furry Genius (as barktated to Dr. Dennis Fried). Apparently, Genevieve has been stirring up controversy around the world with her biting commentary on life with humans. Her writing is insightful, entertaining, and peppered with sophistication, wit, and charm.

(Gee, that sounds just like my own style of writing.)

Like me, Genevieve is a Zen master. We are both very wise, as the following interview will clearly demonstrate:

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Genevieve: Denny had many professional careers, and all involved writing, but none was for the commercial market. When I came into his life and started barktating my memoirs to him, it gave him the vehicle to reach out to a wide audience with a humorous message.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Genevieve: All dogs are really Zen masters. We are carefully tuned into the Now, and don't waste time worrying about the past or the future. We find joy in the simplest things, such as a thrown ball, a stuffed animal that squeaks when we bite it, a loving pat from our humans. We take what life gives us and live it to the fullest.

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Genevieve: You're darned right I am! That's why I always make sure to get buckled up in my car seat when I go for a ride, and I never scream at big dogs unless I know they can't catch me.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Genevieve: Smiles and laughter for all the humans who love animals.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Genevieve: Lying on the couch with Denny and taking a nap, while he watches dumb humans chasing a ball on TV.

Genevieve Highpoint La Reine is a leading canine researcher on human behavior. She is the proud holder of a degree in basic obedience, and is even prouder never to use it. She resides in Sarasota, Florida, and her favorite hobbies are eating and sleeping. Her latest book is the Simon & Schuster title Small Dog, Big Life: Memoirs of a Furry Genius (http://www.dogtellsall.com/).

Dr. Dennis Fried has been laughed out of numerous careers, including college teaching, marketing, and stand-up comedy. He holds advanced degrees in physics and philosophy, all of which have gone totally to waste. When not helping Genevieve with her career, he can usually be found pestering her for a raise. He resides in Sarasota with his wife, Katrina, and his boss, Genevieve.

Well, Genevieve and I are both literary marvels. She writes books, and I star in one. I am a delightful canine character in the witty new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, by Devin O'Branagan. I really do enjoy being everyone's center of attention, so I fully expect you to read the book. You can find it at http://www.redhotnovel.com/

I'm also a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/2009bestfriendsraffle.html

Come back soon to read more of my entertaining celebrity interviews!

No comments: