Monday, June 15, 2009

COLLEEN PAIGE'S TINKERBELLE

Well, the first thing I would like to say about Tinkerbelle is that she and I share similar taste in food. It takes a dog of high intelligence and refinement to truly appreciate gourmet fare.

Tinkerbelle's person is Colleen Paige, one of America's premier pet lifestyle experts. First I will conduct an interview with Tinkerbelle, and then I'll tell you more about Colleen.

Now, I am a serious reporter; I don't ask fluffy questions. So prepare to be dazzled!

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Tinkerbelle: I was named "Mascot of National Dog Day", as I was born to bring joy and kisses to the masses and mainly to bring my mommy and daddy together ( he hired my mommy to teach me manners. I no longer lift my leg in public ) I showed both of them that magical love and finding your true soulmate really does exist, even when you've given up all hope of ever finding it. I'm little. But I bring BIG LOVE to people everywhere I go.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Tinkerbelle: I believe in God because my mommy and daddy do. I would never want to be away from them, even if I have to hang out with the big J for a while until they come home. Plus... how can you not believe in God after tasting barbequed salmon?

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Tinkerbelle: No. Because I understand in heaven you can have anything you want. Starting my list: a little harp music....barbequed salmon, a heart to heart with God....barbequed salmon.....full body massage by an angel....barbequed salmon....long nap, much, much closer to the sun than before.....barbequed salmon....a giggling three year old to jump on and kiss.....barbequed salmon....

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Tinkerbelle: I want people to remember that one little dog, on one day a year, helped to save thousands of other dogs who no one wanted. I went from the dumpster to a dream. And they can too! I ask everyone to please adopt when they want another furry child. Please don't buy from pet stores as it only supports puppy mills. Oh yes, and one more thing - Chihuahua's FOR Pit Bulls! Woop! Woop!

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Tinkerbelle: Have I ever mentioned barbequed salmon?

Like me, Tinkerbelle is a wise and witty canine...

Colleen Paige is the author of “The Good Behavior Book for Dogs” (Rockport/Quarry Books 2007), founder of National Dog Day, a domestic and wildlife animal behaviorist, pet friendly interior designer, fine art pet photographer and Editor-in-Chief of Pet Home Magazine, she offers advice to clients and readers alike, ranging from dog and cat training, to pet nutrition, pet friendly homes and gardens, pet safe pools and pet safety for kids.

A passionate animal welfare advocate, Colleen created the Animal Miracle Network (AMN), to help save animals on a large scale. AMN is home to National Dog Day, a very special holiday that celebrates dogs for all they do, which helps to find homes for thousands of them across the nation through events and far reaching media campaigns. After the overwhelming response to this day back in 2005, she felt confident to then create the same lifesaving celebrations for other animals in need, with National Cat Day, National Horse Protection Day and National Wildlife Day, among others.

Currently, Colleen is a Contributing Expert for Total Health & Wellness Network, OK! Celebrity Magazine and DogTime.com. She is also in pre-production of a TV show based off of her magazine, Pet Home. Her website is http://www.colleenpaige.com/

Now, I would like to bring the post back to me, as I really am my favorite topic of conversation. I am a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/

Come back soon to read more of my exciting interviews with celebrity pets!

No comments: