Thursday, October 1, 2009

PABLO SOLOMON'S MIRO

I am thrilled to conduct my first cat interview! I have always found cats to be rather mysterious creatures. They have imagination, make interesting sounds, and I must confess that one of my guilty pleasures involves licking them...but I digress.

Miro's human is Pablo Solomon, an internationally recognized artist known around the world for drawings and sculptures of dancers. First I'll interview Miro and then tell you more about Pablo.

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Miro: My name is Miro and my mission in life is to help my friend Pablo to know that he can do anything. As a kitten I was abandoned on a country road and had one of my front legs mangled by a hawk. It was left useless. I was tiny and helpless and Pablo and his beautiful wife Beverly rescued me and made me their special friend. They were afraid that I would not survive living with them on their ranch. But as I gained my strength, I began to do all the things that 4 legged cats can do--catch mice, climb trees, etc. I think Pablo realized that if a 3 legged cat can do anything, so could he.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Miro: Of course I do. I live in a beautiful place with a spring fed creek and lots of other animals---some who want to eat me. However, only God could make such a wonderful place for me to live. Pablo's wife Beverly is a Native American and believes that we should pass through this life and only take what we need, be thankful and make things better where we can. So do Pablo and I.

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Miro: Things are so nice here that I do not look forward to it. I share Woody Allen's idea--I am not afraid of dying, I just do not want to be there when it happens.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Miro: That I brought inspiration to others with what some would see as handicaps.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Miro: Catching mice and waking Pablo up at 4 am each day.

Besides being an artist, Pablo Solomon has done things as diverse as having had a bit part in a Mexican soap opera, was a founding teacher at the Houston Contemporary Dance Theatre in the 70s, and trained the Queen's Guard in the Netherlands in hand-to-hand techniques. Currently he lives and works with his wife Beverly on their historic 1856 ranch north of Austin, Texas. Before acting as his muse and business manager, Beverly was a model and then in sales and marketing for Diane von Furstenberg, Revlon and Ralph Lauren. Their ranch is not only a state historic site and an official Texas Wildscape, but was nominated in 1997-98 for the highest award in Texas for environmental restoration and preservation. To show thankfulness for their sucessful and blessed life, Pablo and his wife have been very involved in animal rescue, taking care of animals on their ranch and doing art for animal rescue groups. You can see Pablo's work at http://www.pablosolomon.com/

Now, I would like to bring the post back to me, as I really am my favorite topic of conversation. I am a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/

Come back soon to read more of my fabulous interviews with celebrity pets!

No comments: