Thursday, October 15, 2009

Zoë Roché's Ruby

My person, Val, is a great singer, so I can appreicate how much Ruby enjoys being the companion of Zoë Roché, the singer of alternative rock group LOONER. Ruby, herself, is an expert in style, and so she and I have a lot in common. Every day I wear a totally chic neckscarf that always makes a statement. Today's scarf is embroidered with the words, "I'm Red Hot!" I make no apologies because, after all, confidence is sexy. Please enjoy my interview with stylish Shih Tzu, Ruby:

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Ruby: I act as a kind of guru and style expert for Zoë and her band, Looner. Because let's be honest, true beauty may come from within, but if you look a hot mess no one's gonna pay attention. It is show business after all.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Ruby: Zoë, when she puts her mind to it, can be quite divine. Just the other day she took an old tee shirt and a new swath of fabric and created a cocktail dress that Project Runway should patent. We're in talks now. Her creativity and beauty is boundless. Divine, even.

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Ruby: I am not sure to what you are referring….love is everlasting and good taste never dies.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Ruby: Love yourself and be adored.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Ruby: I used to love running up and down the hallways of hotels with Looner, but as I get older, I've come to appreciate the quiet moments more: getting a bang trim, eating tamales from the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica, falling asleep on the couch. Since I am not allowed in the venues where Looner plays (no dogs allowed), I have to say that hearing them play at home, especially when they are working out a new song, brings me infinite joy. Oh! And I just love a good flea dip! Nothing finer...

Zoë Roché is the singer of alternative rock group LOONER. Their new single "I Love My Tamagotchee!” is based on the wave of obsession the world saw from the Japanese “Tamagotchi” toy. Their EP, executive produced by Ziggy Marley, will be released later this year.

The daughter of film composer Basil Poledouris, Zoë was born in Los Angeles and by the age of nine had already made a melodic contribution to the musical world in the soundtrack for “Conan the Barbarian” – a feature film her father had been scoring at the time. As an adult, Zoë continued with her craft and logged compositional credits for such films as “Starship Troopers,” “Cecil B. DeMented,” “Shadow of Doubt” and “Down and Out with the Dolls.” Her official website can be found here: LOONER

My own credits include being a beauty queen, working as a celebrity interviewer, and playing a fabulous character in the witty new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, by Devin O'Branagan. RED HOT PROPERTY is the tale of two rookie real estate agents learning to swim with the sharks at the town's most cutthroat agency. Critics have called it "hilarious, sassy, captivating, and filled with vivid unforgettable characters." I am one of those memorable characters; I'm the office mascot and real estate assistant. And since I have an ego to match my stellar talent, I expect you to read the book. You can learn more about it by visiting: RedHotNovel.com

I'm also a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to RedHotNovel/2009BestFriendsRaffle

Come back soon to read more of my chic interviews!

No comments: