Saturday, January 16, 2010

BOCKER WINS RED HOT RAFFLE!

Bocker the Labradoodle won the 2009 Best Friends Red Hot Raffle and will be featured in Devin O'Branagan's upcoming novel, RED HOT VAMPYRE. Bocker entered the raffle after being interviewed by me last year for my Famous Dog Blog. And now, as we star together in a comic vampire tale, we're going to get to know each other a whole lot better!

So, I thought it might be fun to repost the interview that started it all:

Recently I, Miss Talisman DeMitri, have been receiving requests for my autograph. This, of course, has thrilled me to no end because it is validation that I am, indeed, very famous. However, unlike today's celebrity interviewee, I have never been in a Steven Spielberg movie. Actually, I do expect this to change as I know for a fact that Mr. Spielberg loves Australian Shepherds and has some of his own. That said, how could any Aussie lover resist me?

Bocker the Labradoodle worked as an extra in Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds." Bocker has also appeared on television's "The View" and Animal Planet's "Dogs 101." In February he modeled at a Skybark Pre-Westminster Red Carpet fashion show in NYC and stole the show as he strutted down the runway in his Moulin Rouge outfit and sunglasses. Bocker has worked as a model for print ads that have been in countless magazines, including Vanity Fair, In Style, People, Oprah, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, GQ, Men's Health, ESPN Magazine and Sports Illustrated. He is also a member of The Celebripups.

Bocker lives in New York with mom, Marie Shelto, who is “team Bocker” and takes care of all Bocker’s endeavors, and daddy, Steve Shelto, who is a professional singer.

Bocker and I had a wonderful chat.

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Bocker: From my early days, mom always said there was something very special about me, something deep in my eyes and that it seemed I was here for a purpose. I guess the first person I was born to help is my mom. She always says I am her therapy dog first. I know without me, she wouldn’t walk as much and that I can always make her feel better by just giving her one of my “head-tilts” that show I am really listening and understanding everything she is talking to me about. Now that I am a therapy dog and also work with children as a Tail Wagging Tutor, the trail of smiles I leave behind everywhere I go is reason enough to know that I was born to help. The biggest lesson is that there is always something to smile about, no matter how bad things seem.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Bocker: My divine being is my mommy…she makes me happy and gives me everything I need in life. All the wonderful things to smell in the air, all the little animals I see running around taking care of business, and the birds always singing, make me think there must be a higher power for all this to work the way it does.

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Bocker: I’ve had a lot of friends pass on to the Rainbow Bridge and if it is the place we all imagine, then what’s wrong with spending all your time with those you love and never having any pain? Plus the thought that your loved ones that you leave behind will meet you there some day is a good thing too.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Bocker: That I will remain a part in the memory of all those I have come in contact with and know that I made a difference in their lives.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Bocker: My whole life! My modeling career, knowing I have touched the lives of so many, and just being the luckiest doodle in the world. Also taking time to be a dog, loving my family, jumping in mud and swimming in the lake with my paw park friends.

Bocker’s logo of “Bocker to The Rescue” is becoming his symbol of all the help he provides to so many. He is involved with several organizations that benefit both his human and animal friends, such as the American Cancer Society (DogsWalk Against Cancer), Animal Protective Foundation, North Shore Animal League, Animal Haven, and The Autism Connection. Bocker was proud to be Chair of the Around The World For 80 Strays Gala benefiting the Mohawk and Hudson River Humane Society. His Million Doodle March was a huge success and helped raise thousands of dollars for various rescue organizations throughout the country and helped promote autism awareness. His website, Bocker's Doodleland, is at http://www.bocker.tv/

And now, an open letter to Mr. Steven Spielberg:

Please take note of my own impressive credits: I play a fabulous character in the witty new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, by Devin O'Branagan. RED HOT PROPERTY is the tale of two rookie real estate agents learning to swim with the sharks at the town's most cutthroat agency. Critics have called it "hilarious, sassy, captivating, and filled with vivid unforgettable characters." I am one of those memorable characters; I'm the office mascot and real estate assistant. And since I have an ego to match my stellar talent, I expect you to read the book. You can learn more about it by visiting: http://www.redhotnovel.com/

Oh, Mr. Spielberg, did I mention RED HOT PROPERTY would make a great movie? You could immortalize me. Consider the possibilities!

I'm also a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. To learn more about Best Friends please visit their website at http://www.bestfriends.org/

And come back soon to read more of my hot celebrity interviews!

No comments: