Monday, December 28, 2009

JOHN BASEDOW'S MIDNIGHT

My sister is a working dog on a ranch and all that herding keeps her fit and trim. I love to dance and so I am healthy and gorgeous, too. However, I imagine that John Basedow's Midnight has us both beat, paws down. I suppose if we had a personal trainer, we would be perfect, too.

Midnight's person, internationally famous fitness expert John Basedow, is the creator of the best-selling Fitness Made Simple video series, which has helped to improve the bodies and lives of thousands of men and women. He's also a model, television star, and so much more.

Like me, Midnight is very special, as our conversation clearly demonstrates:

Talisman: I believe that, in the cosmic design, we animals are here to help people find their way. Presume I am correct (of course) and tell me what human you were born to help, and what lesson you are here to help that person learn.

Midnight: I believe the universe works in strange and mysterious ways, all with a grand purpose in mind that we may never fully comprehend. The one thing I am sure of is that I was put here to bring joy to my best friend, who I refer to as JB. He's extremely focused, driven, and works all the time to help others improve their bodies and lives, often to the point of missing a lot of the simple pleasures. That's when I jump on his lap, chew toy in mouth, and look at him with a gaze he can't resist. I've conditioned him well to understand that this means it's time for a break. A long walk, a game of fetch, or simply a chance to smell the roses...the activity doesn't matter. I see his childlike smile light up the room, and I know I've done my job.

Talisman: Do you believe in a Divine Being?

Midnight: I believe there is a great power that brought JB and I together. He teaches us to not let anyone put limitations on our abilities and that if we believe in ourselves we can accomplish anything. He's also equipped me with great powers, like being able walk on my hind legs for a freakishly long time and open up cabinet doors with just the touch of a paw. Yes, I'm very special. :)

Talisman: Are you afraid of death?

Midnight: I haven't really thought about it. JB always says he gave up aging one year for Lent and just never picked it back up. I guess if some force did separate us, I wouldn't bet on it being for a long time. The universe is a magical place, grounded in goodness, and no good could come from us being apart.

Talisman: What do you want your legacy to be?

Midnight: My legacy is that I intend to be here, doing amazing things, for a very long time. This guy needs me and I want to be by his side through all of the awesome adventures that are out there awaiting us.

Talisman: What gives you the greatest joy?

Midnight: That would be walking and taking a nap. I love to walk...anywhere and everywhere...and I never tire. I will walk anyone into the ground...anyone except JB. Yet another reason why I know there's a divine being who was brilliant enough to put us together in the first place. Once the walking is done, I enjoy nothing more than jumping on that aerobed and taking nap with my buddy, while reruns of Kathy Griffin's My Life On The D-List play during a Bravo marathon in the background. Mmm...pure joy.

Fueled by an undying persistence and his personal motto “believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything”, John Basedow has achieved international recognition and created a media empire with Fitness Made Simple, which includes DVD's, CD’s, supplements, and infomercials all aimed at raising awareness about the importance of making fitness a part of daily life. In addition to being a model that's graced the pages of just about every major exercise magazine, John's also a widely respected columnist who has written articles for over a dozen publications. He stars in the new reality series, John Basedow TV, which is based on his life. Building on his nationwide popularity, John Basedow TV is a "feel good" show that delivers John's positive message for your body and mind…in a creative, engaging way with a rare mix of inspirational and comedic elements. John is a spokesperson for the American Heart Association and has led their annual Heart Walk for the past three years. He also works with various other charities, including the American Diabetes Association which gave him an award in 2008, and motivates people of all ages, from teenagers to grandparents, to follow their dreams with his popular Power To Change Your Body & Life Seminars. As John says, “If you can think it, you can do it. Don’t listen to negative people. If you focus on your goals, work hard and never quit, you can achieve anything.” His website is: http://www.fitnessmadesimple.com/

I am famous, too. I'm a dancing beauty queen, a celebrity interviewer, and I play a fabulous character in the witty new novel, RED HOT PROPERTY, by Devin O'Branagan. RED HOT PROPERTY is the tale of two rookie real estate agents learning to swim with the sharks at the town's most cutthroat agency. Critics have called it "hilarious, sassy, captivating, and filled with vivid unforgettable characters." I am one of those memorable characters; I'm the office mascot and real estate assistant to Valentino DeMitri, the Queen of Real Estate. You can learn more about RED HOT PROPERTY by visiting: http://www.redhotnovel.com/

I'm also a spokesdog for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless, abused and abandoned animals. I am promoting a raffle to benefit Best Friends. The winner's animal companion will become a character in the next novel in the RED HOT series of books! To learn more about this, follow your nose to http://www.redhotnovel.com/2009bestfriendsraffle.html

Come back soon to read more of my special celebrity interviews!

No comments: